- Online annual sales of $1 million
- Quick books connector helped to eliminate data entry job
- Return on Technology Investment of 40%
Guardion Health Sciences, Inc. is a specialty health sciences company that develops medical foods and medical devices in the ocular health space and develops nutraceutical products in San Diego. The company required checkout functionalities and features on the website for order tracking and delivery as per the users’ personal preferences.
The client had to add customers and manage payments and invoices in their system manually, which became tedious. They wanted to automate such manual tasks to free up their workforce and sync orders in the eCommerce system with Quickbooks.
Guardion Health required integration between nopCommerce and Quickbooks. The main tasks were:
- Sync created accounts and contacts into nopCommerce
- Sync the products data and information
- Sync order details into the web app from the Quickbooks
- Sync customer information
- Send new customers’ details to Quickbooks from the web app
- Send orders to Quickbooks from the web app
We built a Quickbooks Web Connector using Quickbooks API, an online tool to manage the connection to Quickbooks Desktop and configuration of rule-based sequence that synced both systems together in addition to syncing the products, orders, and customer information into QuickBooks. The Web Connector was set up in Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise version that has 1-way sync from the eCommerce system to Quickbooks. Scheduled tasks can obtain the information pertaining to the orders from the eCommerce system and sync the data using the Quickbooks API.
Custom nopCommerce Features
Sigma Solve utilized the full potential of nopCommerce being open source. Open-source software enables web developers to build and share their own custom features to get the desired output or tweak the existing ones themselves which support the client’s business needs.
The functionality allows the customers to buy orders in subscription-based and after 28 days we are running one service from there we are charging customers automatically after X interval of days.
Plugin for Quickbook: Created a customized plugin for Quickbooks to connect nopCommerce with QB Desktop 20 version.
Payment Plugin: As per the requirement customized payment plugin. The plugin allows the users to store their payment details on the website and at the time of checkout display the details in the form of a dropdown list for users to view and make the payment.
Was made the integration of nopCommerce with ShipStation. Once an order is placed in nopCommerce it’s syncing those orders to ShipStation and once the order is shipped (partially or fully) based on that the order status in nopCommerce is saved.
Zoho Support management
The application is integrated with the Zoho management system. The ticket is created and updated in Zoho to show it to customers.
Created DAC and customer mapping that is used at the time of the checkout process. DAC is the doctor or rep code that needs to be used at the time of the checkout.
To build more targeted communications with customers, we integrated nopCommerce with Creatio.com’s sales and marketing modules.
- New multi-site store and eCommerce solution helped consolidate online sales for both companies. The Quickbooks connector effectively synced orders from nopCommerce to Quickbooks, keeping all the data intact and eliminating the need for manual data entry in Quickbooks.
- As a result, sales increased dramatically and the company went through a successful IPO.